Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Colours


Working with red. I have to admit, I do not work with red very often. It is not one of my favourite colours, but...sometimes it takes working out of ones' shell to move forward. So, to challenge myself and you let's work on a layout with red in it.
When I think of red, I think: Christmas, sultry, lipstick, pomegranate ...
Red: creates a sense of intimacy and strength. Red excites our senses and activates blood circulation. It is the color of passionate love, sensuality and desire. Red is joyful. Red evokes, speed and action. It is no coincidence that so many sports cars are red. Red and orange are the hues that are easiest to perceive from a distance. This is one of the reasons they are used to warn against dangers. They are also the colors of prohibition. Stop signs and traffic lights are red. Warnings on medication packages are printed in red. Red attracts our attention. People who like to wear red tend to be ambitious, impulsive, excitable, and energetic. They tend to be high achievers, courageous and extroverted, which can make them good leaders. ~ compiled in part from Porter

No comments: