Monday, January 7, 2008

"Deck of Me" by Kelly - Week 1


Ring in the New Year and set your state of mind straight up.

Inspired by Ali Edwards and her 'one little word' I challenge you to reflect and divine that one word that will set the pace for your 2008. What do you want to accomplish? What would you like to see in your life? Take this one word and make it your mantra.

My word is 'focus' - bringing my time and goals together to be effective, creative and pure 'me'!

I started by covering my card with two layers of paint - a gentle shade of peach I copied off my mom's poetry books from the 1960s. I took a bit of white paint and went around the edges of the card - just sporadically for a little flair. Next, I added a journalling box by Hambly, and a label sticker from Daisy D. I cut half a flower from the same Daisy D sticker sheet and adhered it to the middle right side of the card, just to create a balanced visual triangle out of my elements. I used Deluxe Designs alpha stickers to write my word "FOCUS" and just a wee bit of journalling.

Easy peasy! And WEEK ONE is complete!

Let's see what you've done. Post a link in the comments section...

No comments: